66% increase in conversions. A process.
This was a fun project, another B2B landing page experience. I was new to the company, and I had a chance to meet everyone. And this is the general summary from my introductions.
Sales: We need more leads. However we have zero insight to whom we are speaking with because users constantly register with their personal email addresses.
Product team: Could not articulate consistent core product value
Marketing team: Mixed messages regarding what the product was and what end users would get.
CMO: We need more leads. This metric keeps me up at night.
Quick summary – Leads are the essential business metric. Quality of leads needs to be improved to help the sales team. Marketing and product team are inconsistent regarding to marketing the product.
Ok, so we are kind of starting from ground zero. This is what I ended up doing.
Tons of user testing:
If I’m getting inconsistencies internally regarding what the product is and what end users get, I would imagine our visitors to the website are equally confused. We executed a bunch of user testings via Mechanical Turk. We found a headline that provided clarity on what the product was. We also found specific key value props that end users understood and saw value from.
Straight from the book of Amazon principles. We removed numerous superficial clicks that were required for the end users.
I discovered if end users registered with their company email addresses, it put them in a position for bulk seat discount. We articulated this clearly during the registration process.
I thought it was a little odd that our current registration process had zero product images. We added a few of those.
After it was all said and done, we comprised 2 recipes to A/B test against the default experience. Recipe A, B and C.
Recipe C provided a 66% increase in conversions. Also, as a bonus, we increased the quality of leads, too. Company email addresses came pouring in, and the accounts could be managed in the right direction.